Sunday, August 5, 2007

the road...

I am so happy! I finally found the scene in "What Women Want" that started the wheels turning in my head to begin running. Something about this scene struck a chord in me and I wanted to be the woman featured, her breath, her strength, her shoes pounding the pavement, no judgement, no pretences, just her and the road. I am not quite her yet and dont know if I ever will be or even should be, but I am becoming the runner I am supposed to be.... and the road loves me too.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Ct2Rp3HG8

For some reason html is unavailable so just copy and paste into browser, trust me the extra work will be worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin! It's Samantha (simonssez) from Runners World. That's awesome that this is your inspiration! I'd totally forgotten about this scene but I love that movie. Who cares if you never "become her"...you're doing great things. I love reading your posts and your smile is infectious. Keep up the hard work!
Sam (www.simonssez.com/musings)

Ian said...

I've always liked that scene from the movie, even as a guy.

Tampa Zephyr said...

Ditto!

And, yeah, it'll get cooler, but it's still humid until November/December... I run tomorrow after my first day back with students. I'll probably need to run just to work off first-day stress. :)